HomeAboutContactRSS

Friday, August 18, 2017

Three Characters Your Students Will Love



Picture books are my jam. I don't know if it is cool to say that anymore, but there it is.

My firsties adore picture book time. I make sure to do a quick GoNoodle to get everyone's attention. (Think Fresh Start, Quantam Zapp)

Then we settle in for a great story. Character voices are a must!

You may already know about Scaredy Squirrel by Mélanie Watt. He is a fantastic character who may relate to several students you may know or currently teach. He enjoys order, routine, and always has a plan. Well, Chester, again from the amazing brain of Mélanie Watt is a fantastic character who doesn't like to play by the rules. Again, relatable to many! My firsties LOVE him. They BEG for more Chester books. (There are three in case you fall in love too.)




Betty Bunny by Michael Kaplan and Stephane Jorisch is another character my first grade friends love! And I'm pretty sure I'm raising her. She's a handful but almost always learns her lesson...maybe.




I Stink. Well, it's Friday night and I probably do. But this is a fantastic book by Kate McMullan. I use my best New York accent when I read this book. I grew up in New Jersey so the accent is comforting and you can't really say "Puppy Poo" in school without the accent.



I tried to link the titles right to Amazon. What are a few of your favorite read alouds?



No comments:

Post a Comment