Saturday, December 10, 2011

About


This is my fourth year teaching at Pittsboro: two years as a looping 2nd and 3rd grade teacher and now two years as a first grade teacher. I previously  taught one year of second grade and two years of third grade as a looping teacher at Central Elementary in Beech Grove. I have taught one year of fifth grade in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

My husband David and I have been married for six almost seven years now. We met in Ireland and it was love at first sight. We have one son, Ike, who recently turned two. I am the oldest child in my family. I have a sister, Mandy, who is a bookkeeper for two businesses. My younger brother, David, attends Rowan University. My parents continue to live and work in New Jersey, where I grew up and went to high school.
           
Here's a bit more about my educational background. I went to college at Indiana Wesleyan University. I graduated in May 2002 with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. I have a teaching license in Indiana and Pennsylvania. I graduated in 2011 with my Masters in Education from Ball State University. 
I am also a huge sports fan! I played volleyball, softball, and basketball in high school. Growing up in New Jersey helped influence my choice of professional teams to cheer on to victory. I love the Philadelphia Eagles and Philadelphia Phillies. I also enjoy traveling. I have been to Israel, Jordan, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and more recently visited Italy, Greece, and Turkey.
In my classroom, I promote and atmosphere of safety, trust, and respect. We learn to respect each other's ideas and learn to think creatively. I strive to give my personal best; I expect the same from the students. I enjoy the challenge of teaching. I savor the experience that each year brings.