HomeAboutContactRSS

Saturday, December 10, 2011

About




This is my sixteenth year teaching! I have taught everything from gifted to special education in first grade through high school. I'm currently teaching first grade and I LOVE it! 

My husband David and I have been married twelve years now. We met in Ireland and it was love at first sight. We have three kids! They keep us busy. 

          Here's a bit more about my educational background. I went to college at Indiana Wesleyan University. I graduated in May 2002 with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. I have a teaching license in Indiana and Pennsylvania. I graduated in 2011 with my Masters in Education from Ball State University. 

I love the beach. Growing up in New Jersey, I took for granted the 10 minute drive to the shore. I miss it and my family who still reside there. The beach is my happy place. I also enjoy traveling. I have been to Israel, Jordan, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and more recently visited Italy, Greece, and Turkey.

In my classroom, I promote and atmosphere of safety, trust, and respect. I want my students fall in love with learning. My favorite educational term is "cognitive greenhouse". I wants students to learn, grow, and improve.