HomeAboutContactRSS

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Extravaganza

We have a fantastic PTA. They organized and orchestrated a Christmas Extravaganza for our K, 1 and 2 students and parents. The little ones were the highlight of the night. There is nothing more precious than 5, 6, 7 and 8 year olds belting out those jolly tunes! Two-claps for our music teacher for staggering the grade-level performances so we can fit everyone into our stage-ateria! With careful planning, our PTA put into motion a series of activities for parents to visit with their children while they waited for their child's grade level performance. The school looked AMAZING! We had cookie decorating, hot cocoa, silent auctions, bake sales, photos with Santa, and my personal favorite, the raffle.
Yes, that is a ten foot tall Christmas tree. :) Wouldn't be an extravaganza without one! The halls were decorated with paper chains and light-up trees.

You could even take your picture with Santa. Our talented art teacher donated her time and talent. This is my little one and Santa. He asked for a REAL Buzz Lightyear. I guess imitation Buzz toys are a big problem in the two-year-old world. Authentic or bust...right? Hmmm....

Getting back to the raffle: I put three tickets in the "pie the principal in the face" basket. I was one of the lucky winners! On Wednesday, I get to pie my boss in the face. :) 
Love it! For photos and more click here to head on over to my teachersite for more information about our amazing school and our fantastic learners! I'll be sure to post pictures of the pie-ing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment